Life contains many surprises. But, wait, its more like the Lord has many surprises planned for our lives. We can choose to look at them negatively and wallow in misery and pity, or we can look them square in the face and take them with a teachable and open heart. This is something that I am struggling to do. I have to constantly run to the Lord to help me so that I do not take a negative outlook on life. He desires to strengthen us and provide us with peace, but this only happens when we yield 100% to Him. We must give Him the reigns of our lives and get in the back seat. This requires us to give up being in control. I don't know why it is that I want to be in control, since I do such a poor job of it. Actually I do know... it is my flesh, but the Lord said that with His strength, I can do all things. That means I can conquer my independent spirit.
It seems that the Lord has plopped this concept right into my lap... our family is paying the price of these hard economic times. My first instinct is to freak out, not sleep, fret, worry, and whine. But this is merely a waste of energy. I praise the Lord for His power and goodness and I know that "all things work together for them that love God". This may not be what I would classify as good, because God's and my definition of good are not very similar. He has given me strength and joy beyond what I could ever ask or hope for. He is faithful!!
~You Are Good~
~Point of Grace~
When the sun starts to rise and I open my eyes,
You are GOOD, so GOOD
In the heat of the day with each stone that I lay,
You are so GOOD
With every breath I take in,
I’ll tell you I’m grateful again
When the moon rises high before each kiss goodnight,
You are GOOD
When the road starts to turn,
around each bend I’ve learned
You are GOOD, so GOOD
And when somebody’s hand holds me up,
helps me stand you are so GOOD
With every breath I take in,
I’ll tell you I’m grateful again
Cause it’s more than enough just to know
I am loved and you are GOOD
So how can I thank you?
What can I bring?
What can a poor man lay at the feet of the king?
So I'll sing you a love song,
It's all that I have
To tell you I'm grateful
For holding my life in your hands
When it’s dark and it’s cold,
And I can’t feel my soul
You are still GOOD
When the world has gone gray and the rain’s here to stay
You are still GOOD
With every breath I take in,
I’ll tell you I’m grateful again
And the storm may swell, even then it is well,
And you are GOOD
So I'll sing you a love song,
It's all that I have
To tell you I'm grateful
For holding my life in your hands
You are holding my life in your hands.
I praise the Lord for His goodness!! If you see me down, feel free to remind of this. Our God is awesome!
2 comments:
Your family is in my prayers. And I do kind of know how you feel. It's not exactly the economy, but that same sort of issue has hit our family too.
I was so sorry to hear about your dad's job. I will be praying for you and your family! I hope that he can find another job soon.
Post a Comment