It comes in sheets... it comes in drops... it comes in mist... it comes in buckets (does it?).
Rain.
It is something that we see here in the Pacific Northwest rather often. Once it starts in the fall it doesn't really quit until sometime in spring. Now I should probably go into what a raincloud is made of, but I don't feel technical.
Today as I watched the rain come pouring down outside I settled down deeper into my down vest and sighed deeply. Rain is so beautiful when you are warm and inside. Then I had to go out in it. But surprisingly it wasn't that bad. It was actually fun as I sloshed from one building to another... spraying up water and watching as the water line on my pants creep up higher and higher. I grinned... and suddenly I had this strong desire to put my backpack down and jump in the puddles. Hahaha... what a sight it would have been. But, I didn't give in to the temptation. Maybe some other time though... and for some reason I think that there will be quite a few opportunities in the next few months. :D
4 comments:
hmmm oh rain rain go away come again another day! :P It sure wouldn't be the same here without it!
I saw a couple of people jumping in puddles at whatcom the other day so don't worry Hannah, I'm sure it wouldn't look that weird at whatcom. Everyone there is used to weird things.
Oh, Hannah, let's do it some time!! It really is fun! (I did give in to the temptation. Once.)
aww heck, forget puddles, just jump into the orca water fountain.
Post a Comment