Friday, November 14, 2008

Humbling, Embarrassing, and Funny times...

So most of us have those days... you know? The ones where things just don't go quite right, where your brain seems to have a short. Well, today was one of those. The morning was so full of those brain "shorts" that I probably shouldn't put them all here. Everything from not being able to read the clock to cutting myself with the scissors. Aaaahh... tis the life. :D But the afternoon was the crowning episode to my rather odd day.

First... some background. So I ride horses and I ride english (that is a type of riding where there is NO horn on the saddle, ie. nothing to hang on to). And because of this I wear breeches. Breeches are the kind of pants that are not comfortable (but if you don't wear them its way more uncomfortable) and not attractive. I was once informed that I looked like I could go play baseball... that is what the "pants" look like. Well, to continue the story, I decided that I was going to ride my horse today. I got home from work and walked into my room. I looked at my stack of breeches sitting neatly in my closet. "Aaah" I said " I will just pick the pair on the top of the stack, I don't want to knock all of them over to get to my favorite pair". So I picked up the top pair... a very ugly pair that are about 6 inches to short for me. Now, nobody can see this because I wear tall boots that come up to my knees so why not wear things that are too short?!?! Well that was my first mistake. The second was that I left my running socks on, which (by the way) are just long enough to cover my feet. Yes, now you are seeing the picture... rather odd.

Next I threw on my sweatshirt and pulled my hair back. Then my sister and I left to go to the boys. I had a marvelous ride, got all sweaty and dirty. On the way back my sister told me that one of my mom's friends would be at our house when we got back. "Oh well" I thought... "she has seen me like this before". She is one of the very FEW people that have EVER seen me looking like I looked, which is probably a good thing, considering how hideous a sight it is.

We pulled into our driveway. The car parked there was not my Mrs. D's car... how odd. As I entered the garage, Melissa raced up the stairs ahead of me. She started to swing the door open, but then she quickly shut it and got a horrified look on her face. Instead of Mrs. D it was another person with her son (somebody I know pretty well). My happiness crumbled as I realized that I had one option and it was not cool in any way shape or form.

"What should I do?" I screeched to my sister. Mmmmhmmm... only one option. Face it. So I crept up the stairs, put my hand on the door. Then I did it... I swung the door open and ran for my life. As I sped past the people in my house I said a quick "hi" and disappeared downstairs. After a few minutes, my sister appeared and hysterical laughter began. What a sight...hair a mess, dirt streaked across my face, hay all over my clothes, breeches that were 6 inches too short, and running sock, not too mention the nice purse that I was holding. Oh, now it is funny. At the time, it was horrifying... still is in a way... but in a silly sort of way. lol

5 comments:

Isaacme said...

You have a HSM song on your blog? Wow. First it was the ring tone now... no, it's all good. Actually HSM reminds me of working with kids and this past summer which is a very happy thought

Janel said...

oh Hannah, I've had so many of those types of moments you wouldn't believe it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hannah, you make life so much FUN!! If everyone always did everything perfectly right, life would be so bland...

Now I'm dying to know who the "visitors" were! :)

Shelby said...

he he he I loved hearing that story!!! :P

Corina said...

like Emily said, if nothing embarrassing ever happened, how could life be interesting??