His full name is Strongheart 3RF, but we call him Storm. He is my boy and I am his girl. I named him Strongheart because I liked the idea of having a strong heart through life, and he has lived up to that name. His nickname: Storm, originated from my favorite basketball team. Oddly enough Storm has a distinct lightning bolt across his left eye!!
I have been with him ever since day one, even before. When his mom was giving birth to him, I helped her. Both her and Storm almost died, but the Lord kept them both alive. I helped him stand up for the first time, gave him grain for the first time, put the halter on him for the first time, and rode him for the first time.
He is a beautiful golden color with a cream mane and tail that wave in the wind when he gallops. Energy, naughtiness, and loyalty are some words I would use to describe him. The days that I am tired and go to ride him he is always naughty and somehow I have to find more energy that day. He knows my buttons, knows what makes me happy, and knows what he can do to make life more "interesting". He loves to go fast which is good because so do I. There is nothing like the feeling of going top speed... you can't hear anything besides the wind in your ears and the thunder of hooves, mane is in your face and tears begin to gather in your eyes because you are going so fast!! Wow! It is absolutely amazing!
Storm is smart... sometimes too smart. If I am not paying attention he will take advantage of it. When I teach him something new, he gets it right away. Sometimes he pretends he doesn't remember something, but he is just testing me. You can almost see the glint in his eye as he pulls some mischievous trick. I can never stay mad at him for long because he is so cute and funny.
The bond between horse and human is something very special. I had the privilege of training Storm's parents... they were my two most favorite horses, that is until he came along. When the Lord took them away from me... he gave me Storm. Storm has listened patiently to countless school stories, to dreams of becoming jumping stars, and to my non-stop babble.
I still dream of the two of us becoming jumping stars but who knows... the Lord does. Hopefully Storm will be there for my kids to ride! What fun! If you ever want to meet this special guy... let me know! Hopefully soon he can give people rides. I am so grateful to the Lord for horses and especially for Storm! I feel extremely blessed to have a horse of my own!
6 comments:
He's very cute! I'd love to meet him some time. BTW: What's the 3RF in his name stand for? I'm not familiar with that.
awwww, I love the pictures! What a handsome boy you are, Storm!! Do I get to ride you someday?! (ask your girl)
LOL!! The 3RF is his farm name, so 3 R Farms...
That is how we tell where he was from. :D
I love the pictures! You boy is very cute. :P
Very Handsome
aaawwww...
Post a Comment