Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Being Thankful for the People...

As Thanksgiving rolls around yet again, I want to stop for a moment and be thankful for as much as possible. But right here I want to especially give thanks for the people in my life ( only the first four groups are in order, the rest are random).

  • The Lord: Thank you Lord for being my Rock, my Savior, my Comforter, my King. You are the One that has given me eternal life and the One that renews my strength each day. Thank you for showing me yourself and for being faithfull and kind.
  • Dad and Mom: Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for desiring the best for me and striving daily to bring me closer to the Lord. Thank you for your faithfulness. I love you both.
  • Melissa: Thank you for putting up with me and hanging out with me. Thank you for all the wonderful and sweet memories that we share together. I love you.
  • Grandpa and Grandma: Thank you for being some of my best cheerleaders. Thank you for the pride that you take in your grandchildren and for genuinely caring about us. I love you both so much!
  • Emily: Aaaah, what do I say my awesome friend? You are wonderful. I praise the Lord that He has brought you to college, it has been a blast. I love you tons! Thank you for listening to all my talking, for calling me, for IMing me, for studying with me, and for being such a great friend.
  • Vanessa: Thank you friend for all the fun and encouraging talks. It has been a blast over the last year to get to know you. You are a very dear person and I look forward to getting to know you more in the future.
  • Shelby: My dear, dear friend... thank you for being such a good listener, encourager, advisor, and friend. What fun memories I have with you! I feel blessed to have you in my life and am grateful for how you have helped me through tough times. You are a jewel!
  • Bailey: Thank you dear for being awesome! You have brought much joy to my life. I am so glad that we are alike in so many ways. Thank you for being willing to listen and encourage and then being so much fun to be with.
  • Karissa: My bestest Spanish buddy. Thank you for the late nights, the studying, the getting breakfast together and for walking me to class. You are awesome and I pray that we will be friends for the rest of our lives... and maybe towards the end of it, we can have a full conversation in Spanish.
  • Grant, Dylan,Andrew: Thank you for being my "brothers". Thank you for caring about what happens in my life and being willing to help me when needed. All the times of laughing, playing, studying, talking, etc. are very important to me. Thank you for your patience and for teaching me more patience... you guys are the best brothers anyone could ask for.
  • Anna: I am so grateful to the Lord for placing us in the same class! You have made it so much fun and I have so many great memories of studying and freaking out together and then being serious! What fun we have!!
  • Courtney: My friend, a short time I have know you, and yet it feels like forever. You are a treasure. I miss you lots but know that the Lord has a plan for you. Thank you for your spunkiness, fun, laughter, and serious side. Remember that I am always praying for you.
  • Kalee: Oh friend, what would I do without you? You are a sweet treasure to me. Thank you for all the talks and fun times. I laugh so much with you and it has been fun to watch the Lord grow and bless you over the year.
  • Roxanna: What fun it has been to got to school with you. Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful encouragement. Thank you for taking my observations of things so beautifully.
  • Mandy: Thank you dear one for your wisdom and care. I love you and am so grateful to the Lord for blessing me with your friendship.
  • Kaisha: Thank you friend for your joy! I love being with you and have so many sweet memories. Thank you for you example of patience.
  • Trevor, Ryan, Mark, Wes, Kyle: Thank you guys for being there for me at school and church. Thank you fro listening and offering words of advice, encouragement, or humor. School wouldn't be the same without you guys!
  • Kelsey: My sweet friend, thank you for caring about me. I treasure the sweet talks we have had and all the times you have come along side me with a hug, a friendly word, or a thought out piece of encouragement.
  • Abigail: Thank you dear for all the encouragement you give me. You are so great and I am so grateful for you. We have memories that will last us a lifetime.
  • Sarah: Sweet girl, you are a treasure. You will never know what a blessing you have been in my life. Your words of wisdom have planted great seeds and I am so grateful to the Lord for allowing our paths to cross. I love you my sister in Christ.
  • Jordan: Even though I don't see you very often, I know you pray for me. Thank you for caring and for genuinely wanting to know what is going on in my life.
  • The Running Start Ladies (Laine, Sarah, Tricia, and Bridget): Thank you for welcoming me so kindly. Thank you for making me feel wanted and appreciated. You have made working at school such a fun experience. All four of you are very dear people and i am so thankful for the opportunity to get to know all of you better over this past quarter. What a wonderful team you make!
  • Corina: I have felt so blessed to get to know you over the last few months. You have blessed me greatly by your example of gentleness and patience!
  • Mrs. Larsen: My second "mother". Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. Thank you for giving me opportunities to minister. Your care and love mean so much to me and I love you.
  • Kristi: Thank you dear one for you example. Thank you for your encouragement and advice! You have been a great friend to me.
  • Pastor Steve, Pastor Dax, Pastor Mark: Thank you to the greatest pastors. Thank you for shepherding your flock according to Scripture and for making God the most important. I have learned so much from all three of you.
  • Janel: You are so much fun and I have laughed tons with you. Thank you for your kind and gentle spirit.
  • My Brigadoon buddies: What fun you all are!!! We were the most amazing cast ever. You all have been such a blast to get to know and I will forever treasure the many times spent dancing, singing, laughing, talking, and acting. You are my stage family!
  • Brittany: Thank you dear for your ready encouragement and smile. You always brighten up my day and bless me.
  • My piano students: What talent!!!! I am so blessed!!! You all constantly blow me away. I love you all and am so thankful to the Lord for blessing me with 7 of the best students in the world!
  • Marg: Thank you Marg for giving me so many wonderful opportunities. Thank you for teaching me so much and being flexible and encouraging with my schedule.
  • Mr. Rutgers: Thank you for directing choir and for giving me singing opportunities. Thank you for caring and taking me before the Lord in regards school.
  • Mr. and Mrs. Bell: Thank you for keeping the boys at your house. You will never know how greatly you have blessed us. We love you both!

I pray that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Praise the Lord for His goodness!!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, I was first on the list! (of random people) (hopefully that's a good thing)

It was so special reading this!! I am so thankful to the Lord for YOU, my very dear friend!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you too, Hannah!! Thank you for all the times you tell me you're praying for me. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Historian Anne said...

How sweet of you! I admit I got teary eyed that you'd mention me! I have totally enjoyed you and your fun energy, lovely smile, and encouraging spirit.
What a wonderful way to list your blessings by mentioning others, wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hannah! You are such a sweet friend, and I treasure all the fond memories we've made together!

Janel said...

I am so thankful for you too. You bring so much laughter in life. You are such a sweet girl. A gathering of friends certainly feels more complete and enjoyable when you are there!

I hope to get to know you even better this coming year and then we will have even more happy memories to be thankful for next year!

Isaacme said...

I was about to get a big head that I came in in front of the pastors then my sis had to point out to me that it was in random order. Darn. Big head just went "POOF".

hannah said...

That is so sweet, Hannah! Been praying for you and your dad! Luv ya!

Grant Larsen said...

That was very nice of you to remember us Hannah....believe it or not, you have been a blessing to our lives too!

Shelby said...

Aww I love you friend!!!!

Georgiegirl said...

wow. that was very special Hannah! Thank you for your kind words. I love you so much, and thank you for your prayers and encouragement these last few years. I can't wait to get together... maybe sometime this week?