Friday, September 25, 2009

University student...

Wednesday morning I embarked upon an adventure of great magnitude.

With knots in my stomach and slightly shaky hands I drove to the university. Getting off the freeway exit I glanced around me at the cars and saw that most of them had the university parking pass stuck in their window. We were all beginning this journey together...at the same time.

I pulled into the parking lot and gulped at the sea of cars already present at 7:40 in the morning. I slipped out of my car and prepared to put my backpack on only to hear my name called. Shocked I whirled around and saw two of my friends: Bailey and Adam. Seeing them made breathe slightly easier.

As I started the long walk across campus my breath came in short gasps. Nerves were taking over and I sounded like an out of breath and out of shape person. How embarrassing!

Finally I reached my building...out of breath, sweat running down my face, and most likely a look of sheer panic written across my face.

The rest of the day was rather a blur. A fun blur for sure!! I must say that I just love my classes and my professors!

Do know how awesome it is to be in class with 40 other musicians!?! Its simply marvelous! When the teacher makes a joke about a chord, we ALL get it and think it is just the funniest thing!

My new instrument is the saxophone... I think it should be called the instrument-that-makes-your-mouth-hurt-and-where-you-see-stars. It makes quite the awfullest toots and snorts and I am endeavoring to get clear, long and steady sounds out of it instead of mooing warbles. You can now find me (at any point in the day) standing doing conducting exercises or talking in Spanish.


Welcome to the life of a music ed major (and Spanish too!!)!!



And what a wonderfully crazy life it is!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

YAY!!!!! What an exciting new phase!!!!!! :)

Shelby said...

Hannah that is just so cool!!!! I'm proud of you friend. I can't wait to get to hear your saxophone, hehehe I bet it really isn't that bad! ;)

Emily said...

Isn't it so neat to find your niche?! I'm so excited for this new stage of your life!

Praying for you tomorrow!! :)

Anonymous said...

This should go with your post about your marathon experience yesterday, but I don't see it yet (you're too tired to type).You finished and you actually won your division! Congrats. to both you and your Dad for a fine effort (and in reference to your "manners" post, I bet you didn't use a hanky either, did you....I carried one on my very first race when I had a bit of a sniffle, but I long since have used just the "farmer blow" .... part of the full running experience, Hannah! Anyway, great going!

"Mr. Doug" said...

BTW, that last post was by me, Doug, not meant to be the shifty "anonymous".