Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunshine, Softball, Feathers, and Finals...

Ding, ding,ding ... time for another post made up of the odds and ends from the brain of Stormgirl.
First, I want to start by saying that I LOVE the sun!! It is out right now and if it weren't for the fact that I need to go study for finals, I would be out in it. In just a little less than 72 hours though, I will be out in the sun!! I really should be outside... no, "should" doesn't cover it. I NEED to be outside... why? Because I signed up to play church softball this year. Oh boy, I don't know what kind of trouble I am into now. Stupid, crazy, insane??? Yup that's me, haha, and I love every minute of it.
But in that "less than 72 hours" period of time, there is finals. Good 'ole, beautiful, and fun finals. Just kidding!! I will be finishing up my first and last quarter of 20 credits... most exciting. Can't wait to kiss those textbooks goodbye, and I won't even cry when they leave!

Because I am in a play right now, we are starting to work on costumes. For one of the songs that I am in, I sing a song that is really funny and all of the ladies in this song have to have big poofy hats. We are hoping to be able to design our own! My dream hat would start off by being huge and bright, then I would put big ribbons all over the top, a bird's nest, and a little bird up and top. And then the crowning "glory" of the hat would be a t least one ginormous feather... one that was tally and fluffy and that bounced every time you move your head!!

Other happenings in life include:
  • the need to clean my room
  • training for 1/2 marathon
  • riding my horse
  • playing piano for different singing groups
  • learning to go by the name of Ethel and having a "boyfriend" with the name of Marcellus
  • recently getting Skype
  • looking forward to getting a new phone (with unlimited texting)
  • high-speed Internet (soon)
  • leading Spring-preview at school
  • looking for summer jobs

Well y'all that's it for no! Don't expect anything new until at least 72 hours from now! TTFN!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for BIG HATS! Those are going to be awesome. :) Go Ethel! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Boyfriend???
:)

FINALs will be over before you know it!! :)

Corina said...

yay for finals being over!! Woohoo!

Shelby said...

He he. The hat sounds fabulous darling! :P

Emily said...

Praying for ya!! Can't wait to come see you, Ethel!!

Historian Anne said...

Oh, I know that count down!! It helps to know that no matter what, the time will roll away and eventually you will be done, whether with flying colors or not.
Praying for you, the busy gal!Oh and the hat, yes I can just picture it. A feather on top is a total prerequisite.

Isaacme said...

Oooohh... leading spring preview. I wish I could be there. I think I have something else going on that day.