Tomorrow begins the state basketball tournament over in Yakima. As I sit here in utter exhaustion, I am revived when I think about where my favorite team is headed tomorrow and what the next four days could hold for them.
After a very successful season the Storm has made their way to Yakima and tomorrow afternoon, they will begin one of the greatest basketball tournaments ever played in the school's history.
It is predicted that they should win the state championship, something which we all hope will happen! What a season!!
Watching those players cut their own nets down last week (after having won the district championship) was something I will never forget.
Although upsets happen all the time, I look forward with great anticipation, hope, stress, and excitement to these next four days.
I leave for Yakima on Thursday... yup, I am even skipping school, play practice, piano lessons, C & C class, horse lessons, and homework (that's a tough one) just to go see the most awesome team in the world play. But it is so worth it!
And so as I finish this post, let me encourage you to tune into your radios these next few days, and read the sports section of the paper.... the Storm will make you proud. Go Storm!
"Once you sit on the Storm side, you bleed blue the rest of your life." S. Murray
5 comments:
Hannah, that's awesome. I'm so glad for you that you have fun watching that team! I know that state will be a blast, just be sure to go see those elk. :P The team would be honored if they knew all that you were missing for them. :)
Go Storm!!! Cute background!
You know, I wonder if most the people who go to Squalicum (sp?) have as much school pride as you Hannah?
Yahoo! =) Love the quote from Shannon btw. =)
YAAAAAAAAAAAY SQUALICUM!!!
Post a Comment