Thursday, March 5, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Due to the influence of one of my "brothers" (he will remain nameless although I am sure most of you can guess who it is) I was inspired to eat ice cream. And so, in pursuit of all things creamy and sweet I trekked to Edaleens in search of 2 flavors that would satisfy my ice cream deficiency. Only minutes after entering the store I emerged victorious with a smile on my face and a paper bag in one hand that held my precious two 1.75 quart tubs of ice cream. What flavors did I get? Well, one was bubble gum and the other was maple nut. I know, I know... who likes bubble gum????? I DO!!!!!!!! Maybe it is because I like the blue or the flavor or the weirdness of it, but whatever... Bubble Gum ice cream rocks!!!
When I waltzed into the house, with my cheezy I-did-something-that-just-might-be-considered-crazy-and-possibly-naughty grin, my family just looked at me and was rather speechless when I happily informed them that I had bought ice cream. Their incredulous smiles quickly turned into hopeful grins as they asked if I was going to share "my" ice cream. And my rather mischievous answer was "maybe..."
Over the last few days, my family and I have greatly enjoyed the ice cream. I must say that it is one of the best things to eat when you are doing homework and starting to feel overwhelmed or when you just need a refreshing "brain break". Nothing like funky blue ice cream or that wonderfully sweet flavor of maple nut to revive you!!!

My reason for eating ice cream?!?!?! Well, although I am taking this song totally out of context and although I am risking sounding extremely selfish I am going to put a quote up from the song "The Next 5 minutes" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

"I'm living the next 5 minutes like these were my last 5 minutes. Cause I know the next 5 minutes may be all I have"... and so why not eat ice cream!?!?!?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I must say that I think I would get so sick of bubble gum favor but maple nut sound really good!! It's tempting me to drive or in my case walk over there with a spoon in hand and have a bit or two :) Seems like ice cream is a good thing to have any old day the good, the bad, and the nasty days too!! :)

Emily said...

The other day Mom bought a bunch of ice cream sandwiches...and I've been sneaking them the last few nights...don't tell... :D There is so NOTHING like ice-cream!!!

Shelby said...

Oh that is great! I think that having lived over here wasn't the best influence. :P Oh well...it was worth it! I think that I might come over with Roxygirl, my dad is sticking to it, no more ice cream. Ah what suffering! what agony! >:O) And yes, that certain brother does has quite the ice cream snitching habits. I love the pictures that you had, maybe you should disclose the unnamed person and post those?

Historian Anne said...

LOL. I agree, what makes me keep going after dinner is the hope of some sweet morsel, around nine, to revive the brain cells.
I LOVE ice cream. None of this sherbert stuff, thats not real. Creamy, Milky, sweet, ice cream. Yes.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...I love ice cream!!! But I have NEVER liked bubblegum. :)