Rain trickling down the gutter, a little bit of gray light sliding through the slats in my blind, and a slight strain of music coming through my sister's door. This is how I woke up on my last sleep-in day before school. Before me lay a year of work, fun, and learning. As I lay there curled up in my warm blankets with my head nestled in a mound of pillows I thought on the year past and the year to come. The challenges, friendships, experiences and trials.... what a wonderful school year I had. Yes, there were days of misery, days when I wanted to give up, and days when I felt all alone. But because of these days the days of joy, fun, laughter, success and learning were still greater. The realization of how totally blessed I was and still am washed over me like a big wave in the ocean, as I lay there, content...
The year ahead? Well only the Lord knows for sure. I have an "idea" as to what it might hold, but it is only and idea and I get to wait and be surprised. The "idea" is more school with harder classes, new friends, new trials, new experiences of God's grace and faithfulness, and so many other things. Suddenly though as I lay there... the contentedness began to vanish as my mind played through all the trials, all those miserable times of no sleep and bad classes. "Not this year please Lord" I cried out. But the peace came again as if the Lord said "My child, did I not bring you through this past school year? Did I not show myself to you in new ways? Did you not learn great things about your heavenly father? Did you not make new friends and create deeper relationships with your other friends? Did you not truly enjoy the challenge?" Then I was content again....
The future = unknown. God's plan = perfect. He has never yet failed me nor will He ever fail me. This coming year is in the hands of One who never makes mistakes!!!
2008-2009 school year here I COME!!! The Lord is with me and I am excited for every challenge ahead!!!
1 comment:
Amen, Hannah!! Keep your chin up, and always remember I'm here to talk to. Actually I'll probably be the one crying on your shoulder, lol!
Love you!
emily
Post a Comment