I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, knowing full well that to the normal onlooker I appeared to be dancing...this was ok. My phone buzzed in my pocket, but all I could do was wonder who it was.
Tiny toddlers with their little eyes truly "all aglow" came up to me and wrapped their pudgy arms around me in tight hugs. Many of them didn't want to let go. I was their dream come true. A living and breathing fantasy that at their tiny age was probably the crowning highlight of the day.
Teen guys and guys in their 20's poised next to me after sweetly begging for a photo with me. With my arms around them, I held my head high as I stood there for picture after picture with people I had never met. My smile increased as I was surrounded by flocks of people who just wanted to touch, hug, high five, or wave at me.
Never have I experienced such unconditional love and affection from complete strangers.
Though I was hot, sweaty, and had my hair all messed up, for some reason they found me comforting and wanted to be acknowledged by me.
I will never forget those sweet 3 year olds who, without thinking would let go of their parents hand or jump out of the stroller and at full speed run towards me. When they got to me their arms would spread wide around my waist or neck and they would throw all their weight into it. With a murmured "thank you" or "I love you" they would reluctantly let go, only to hug me again.
My day was made from making these sweet little ones' day!
But you ask, how did I get children, teens, and adults... both male and female to love me. Look below...
This is me.

4 comments:
AWWW!!! You're the cutest panda I ever did see... :)
Hahaha....love it!! :)
That is hilarious! So cute! :D
Oh my Hannah! That is hilarious!!
Post a Comment