Tattered, dirty, and worn… these words describe my last pair of running shoes. They have now entered their second day of retirement after over a year of very hard labor. I am sad to put these shoes on the shelf as they have been with me for literally hundreds of miles and countless hours. But they have served their purpose! I will forever look at them with love and they hold a special place in the running part of my heart. They are not done forever with their jobs though… retired things rarely are. Once in a while they will be drawn upon to serve during games of ultimate Frisbee, soccer, volleyball, or mud games. The hard work they put in will be rewarded with occasional play times!!!
So my friends, I ask you to join me as I bid a bittersweet farewell to these faithful shoes and say hello to a new pair of shoes that will hopefully serve me as equally well.
2 comments:
Farewell, dear friends. You have been faithful companions to my dear Hannah and for that you will always hold a special place in my heart.
bye bye sweet, hardy friends. Enjoy the shelf life of retirement.
Post a Comment