Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, Tschaikowsky.... these men were absolutely amazing!
I am now immersed and practically drowning in the music of these men. I live their music for hours each day and pour endlessly over those tiny black dots with stems that are printed so perfectly on each page. I dream their music now... memorizing pieces makes you do that. Those spare moments in between classes will find me pencil in hand, carefully analyzing chords and sequences, marking beats, writing in dynamic markings, or simply drooling over possible pieces for the future.
Yes, what used to be a rather tedious chore has now become something of great enjoyment. Sure my rear end gets rather sore and my back gets stiff from the hours spent at the ivories, but wowzers it is way too awesome. Music....hmmmm, there is a reason why the Lord said that music will be in heaven. Sometimes I feel rather guilty for spending hours "playing" piano. It seems like I got the coolest, most awesome, totally fabulous major. I feel sorry for all those poor souls who have no music.
"Is school hard?" you ask. Hard like chemistry, like psychology.... naw. Hard to stop reading or practicing... oh ya. That is the hard part. There are some rather difficult aspects of school that require more time and discipline, but they are never miserable to do.
My normalish day consists of the following (notice a certain joyous trend):
5am...get up
6am...leave for school
7-9am...practice piano
9-12pm...3 classes
12-2pm...piano practice or homework
2-3pm...choir
3-4pm/4-6pm...studio class/master class/piano practice
Then I go home and:
*practice piano
*do conducting exercises
*practice saxophone
*practice choir songs
*practice piano
*review Spanish verb tenses
*read music history
*practice piano
oh ya...then I go to sleep.
*screams* Isn't it just the most fabulous...stupendously awesome schedule you ever did see?!?! I am serious! Being utterly exhausted has never been so much fun!!
3 comments:
Hannah, that is just amazing! I'm so glad that you are getting to be immersed in your passion! <3
Getting into a major is the best most certainly. knowing teachers and classmates also. yes lots of hardwork,,, way to be positive though!
hard to believe being exhausted would ever be fun... but I'm glad you find it so!
Post a Comment