The wind rips through my hair.
I smile.
Life is good!
I sniff the delicious scent of hot chocolate. The waves crash against the rocks below and the leaves rustle in the trees. Abbey and Emma snuggle closer to me as we giggle and say how cold we are. The wrapper for the cookies tries to escape from my rapidly freezing fingers. My fingers clench around it and I shiver with cold and look down at my two charges. They are eating cookies and sipping their hot chocolate. All three of us are nestled deep down inside our coats as if we are trying to disappear within. The seagulls swoop above hoping for one small morsel to be thrown (not a chance my fine feathered friends). This is life! Observing God's beautiful creation while on an adventure and with some very amazing people!
2 comments:
Fun, Hannah! What sweet memories the girls will have from spending time with you. Awwww....
~Kristine
ah, boulevard park! what a fun place to hang out. Especially for you in the middle of a very busy quarter at school :)
Post a Comment