Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Are We Adults?!?!

We all met at college. The air was cold and crisp and the grass was slightly moist. Everybody was in sweatshirts.... but that only lasted for a few minutes. Ulimate frisby first! Up and down the field we raced: jumping, diving, rolling, falling, slipping, catching, and wiping sweat of our faces. Tis the LIFE let me tell ya. :D For an hour we played and what fun it was. Who won? I don't remember, nobody remembers because it was fun and that was all that mattered.
Next we went to the soccer field and played soccer for an hour. Fun too!!! Kicking, running, sliding, and trying super hard to stop that white and black ball. Pain in my leg... somebody kicked me on accident. Hop around on one leg for a few seconds and then continue running because the ball is coming to me.

Now it is getting dark and the lights come on in the field. We all slowly make our ways back to our cars parked throughout the parking lot. Drive to Costco, go in as a big group under one card and then get dinner. Sitting there eating pizza and laughing I contemplate life. Four years ago we would have never been able to do all this. Nobody had their license, nobody thought they would ever have their license. :D There was no thought of college, jobs, homework, and bills. Now things have changed. But is so awesomely cool!!
So hanging out with friends is like way fun!!!!!

Being adults is really amazing. Its fun and challenging! Having friends who are there for you is such a blessing. The Lord has been good to us ALL! It is still hard to believe though that we are adults in a way. Weird.

Thats all for now... I think... at least until something happens that just needs to be written about!

3 comments:

Historian Anne said...

One can sense the energy in that game! Good for you all! Not sure I could have lasted two hours! :0
Adults... yes, though times I feel I'm not, though at my age I should well be on that road! Definitely lots of joys that come with that, like a spontaneous invitation to your sibs to go eat pizza, just cuz. You're old enough to take that decision and pay for the bill! Yay for those added responsibilities that come with joy.

Abbie said...

Yay for college kids!!!!! :)

Corina said...

oh what fun! I don't think it can get much more exhilerating than playing Ultimate Frisbee with such amazing friends.