I am from grace.
I am from undeserved Mercy coming to earth,
From beautiful Humility hanging on a tree,
From true Love bearing the price of all sins.
I am from a people full of death,
I am from a people extended forgiveness,
Given hope and new life.
I am from a legacy of miracles.
I am from a story written by God,
From a future planned by the Almighty,
From a present guided by its Creator.
I am from being born twice so I can die once.
I am from surrendering my life for eternal life.
I am from no fear of death.
I am from a love so deep I will never understand.
I am from a peace that boggles human concepts.
From a joy no man can fully grasp,
From a belonging that every being desperately longs for.
I am from unexplainable patience.
I am from deep rejoicing in the heavens.
I am from “Little child, come to me.”
I am from a battlefield filled with the enemy.
I am from an army led by the great Lord,
From a country that will never end,
And a people bought with His blood.
I am from trials and temptations.
I am from forgiveness that washes.
I am from “Well done good and faithful servant.”
I am from pain and suffering and hurt.
I am from giving up my pride and dreams,
From running a race with endurance,
From falling and being picked up again and again.
I am from a God who adoringly fashioned my being.
I am from a God who called and commanded.
I am from once a sinner and now a saint.
I am from living for the King of Kings.
I am from worship and prayer,
From my soul screaming out,
From a God who hears all things.
I am from a Father.
I am from a Friend who never fails.
I am from a Lover who unashamedly loves.
I am from a Lion who pads by my side.
I am from my past that no longer matters.
I am from a future in glory.
I am from the only I AM.
2 comments:
That is soooo good, Hannah! Thanking God for the incredible identity He has given us in Christ!!!
Since you showed this to me almost 8 months ago, I was moved by it and it's concentrated wisdom, full of choice cuts of the hardest learned lessons. I wrote it out and kept it, and it inspires me often, even now. Thank you very much Hannah.
I hope that since graduating have gotten to find more free time and opportunities to write more of these treasures.
Ben Scholten
Post a Comment