Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Caffeine buzz, eyeballs, and articulation

Its 1:00... not pm, but am. I'm sitting here at school with my feet propped up in a chair. Silence surrounds me and only the slight tick of the computer keys shatters the unearthly stillness. I get up for a few minutes and memorize a few more beats of a Scriabin Prelude. My backpack is on the floor and a few cold sips of coffee remain in my once full 3-shot mocha. The light seems to be dimming, or is it just me. Hair frizzy, make-up sagging, and clothes rumpled... I sit here. Soon I will battle the "problem" section on Mozart sonata.
Its been one of those days... up at 5 am... to bed around 3 am the next day. So I still have 2 hours left to play piano drive home, and do homework. Somehow though I don't mind it so much. There is something so beautiful about peace and quiet and the opportunity to play piano (with no interruptions) for hours and perfect the piece to your hearts content. Each measure with its specific articulations can be taken apart note by note. Ah how I hate and love this part of music.
Oh, now I am listening to Owl City's rendition of "In Christ Alone"! Praise the Lord for His grace and power!
Ok folks... peace out!

No comments: