
We have known each other for years... so many years now that I have lost track, but I am pretty sure I would need my fingers and now my toes to count. We don't see each other often, unless of course we are in the same choir. But those occurrences have slimmed to almost never and I know it will be a few years before that could change.
This past week Jana and I got together for coffee and you would have never guessed that it has been over a year since we have spent time over coffee getting to know each other. There is no awkward moments... no silences... no wondering what to say next. We are kindred spirits, and have always been. I smile now to think of all the times we have spent together over the years, mostly in musical settings (which make the memories all the more special). We have talked and giggled, sighed and panicked over choir. We have spent time together drinking coffee and laughing. We have spent birthdays together. We sing soprano together, that alone should explain our camaraderie. :)
I love this girl! She is such an encouragement to me, with her bright smile and sweet words. When we get together I feel like no time has passed and we are still little girls with high voices and no clue of what was to come in life. And yet, here we are, two grown women with real adult lives and decisions to make. How did that happen?!
How time flies!
I know that no matter what happens over the course of our lives and wherever we end up as time passes, Jana will be there for me. A friend who never fails and a friend who can pick up right where you left off as though no time had passed since you last saw each other. Its so cool to have a friend like this. Praise the Lord for blessing me with Jana!
1 comment:
Such a surprise to see the picture and find out you're good friends! I know her from work, and we were on the recent Logos Photo Shoot together :)
Post a Comment