Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tender Hearted

It is so amazing how God places certain people in your life; people that become such huge part of your life, that you don't even remember what it was like without them. One of those people is my wonderful friend Vanessa. Although I haven't known her for a long time, it feels like I have known her all my life. What a blessing she has been to me!

Her kind and loving heart is apparent and her love for the Lord shines through in all that she does. Her sweet notes, kind words, beautiful smiles, and prayers have been such an encouragement to me.
Early this evening Vanessa called me because she had made dinner for our family and wanted to know when she could bring it by. This act of love touched my heart so much. Amongst her busy schedule of classes, homework, work, life, and everything that comes with being in a family, she took the time to make my family dinner. Wow! What amazing tenderness.

I love all the fun talks we have had, the laughs, and the serious and deep conversations. Running every once in a while with Vanessa has been a blast... I love that we can both run at the same speed! I miss having her at school... it is so sad that she is no longer there. She is greatly missed.

Vanessa my dear friend... I want you to know that I am grateful to the Lord for placing you in my life. You are a wonderful example to me and I treasure our friendship. I am praying for you and know that you will be a shining light everywhere you go. I love you!

4 comments:

Emily said...

AMEN!!!

Historian Anne said...

Hannah, you are so sweet! Thats what friends are for, to be there for each other. Thanks for your sweet friendship I am refreshed with your cheer and spirit!

Anonymous said...

Vanessa is such a wonderful listener. I love you too, girl!!! =)

Shelby said...

The blessings of friendship! wow! A servants heart is truely a joyful things to see working in the body of Christ.