Alas because of my busy schedule and the weather my days of running have almost ceased to exist. But I hope 2009 has changed that. Along with making the resolution to be more organized I also made a resolution to end my procrastinating. Because of this I actually have time in my life to do things like running!
This month though has not been very condusive to running... first the snow and then the horrible rain (yes I know I could run in the rain, but I just don't find that overly enjoyable). Today after days of waiting for safe weather I went on a run. It was so exciting to get my running clothes out of the drawer! I made the decision to wear shorts (see Corina, I knew there would be a time to wear shorts) and when I came upstairs I looked like a cherry... red and round, due to red shorts and a red shirt. :D
I put my shoes on, Daddy lent me his MP3 player (wasn't he sweet?), stretched for a few minutes and then was off. My warm up was glorious and my run was even better. Sure I was barely going faster than a snail but who cares?!
The wind was blowing, it was misting, and the clouds were dark and ominous but my heart was light and happy!
I ran four miles and it felt great ( tomorrow will be the true test). I know now why I named this blog "The Wind in my Face"...
9 comments:
That is great you are running again! Did you know that it is actually better not to stetch before you run?......not that it really matters. lol
Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. You're so sweet. :)
Wow, and you're brave. Running in January...I commend you! I was just thinking about starting to take walks again despite the cold. You've inspired me!
Oh really... good. That makes me feel better, cause I always think it is a waste of time. :D
* still waiting for a post* lol
Awww, thanks Emily. Yay...I am glad it inspired you. You know I wish that I lived by you because it would be fun to take a walk together and chat.
I want to get out and run SO bad!! I have been having IT band troubles and I haven't even run...*sigh*...we should meet and run together sometime! :)
I saw you walking between the buildings at 1:20 and I thought about going and talking to you but then I decided that maybe I would just pretend I didn't know the strange girl walking around in shorts in the middle of January.
Oh well thanks Trevor. :D
Whatever... I have accepted the fact that I looked "different". But hey, at least I was out exercising instead of "relaxing". lol
Well, Good for you Hannah!!
So that's way you did not answer your phone!! :)
I took a walk with Aaddy too!!
If I had had the right shoes I would have ran but oh well...:)
Hey, so I'm leaving a comment. I must say, I was proud of you for wearing shorts in the freezing cold...other people do it to show off, but you definitely had an excuse...
Fun havin' coffee with ya!! :D
yay for shorts! I'm praying for a day so blisteringly hot that even shorts will feel like a misery :o)
california...hawaii... *reaching out*
:)
Post a Comment