As I walked into the church on Saturday, the reality of it washed over me again. She was gone, my dear friend was gone. Never to come back, never to sing another song, never to smile again. My heart sunk and the tears began to come. But then the Lord gently reminded me that she was now with Him. No more pain, no more tears... only happiness and joy. She was now singing in heaven!
We weep for her because we now have a hole in our lives, but we rejoice because she is in the presence of her King. Will there be pain in our hearts still? Oh yes... I don't believe it will ever go away. But it is softened in the knowledge that in the blink of an eye I too shall be gone and with Jesus and able to see my dear friend.
Revelation 21:4"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
Throughout the memorial service I was pricked deeper and deeper in my heart about living as though this day was my last. What was doing each day to bring honor and glory to the Lord? Was I shining for Him? Was I sacrificing myself for others? Life is short. This is something we are all aware of but it doesn't always sink in.
I pray that I will remember this and let it affect my life in ways that will honor the Lord. I want to follow the Lord and do things that will make others want to know my Savior. Heaven will be in the blink of an eye and I need to be ready.
"Only One Life, Twill Soon Be Past, Only What's Done For Christ Will Last."
1 comment:
This reminds me when I had to write an Eulogy for myself in a speech class, rather odd, but it was very convicting! What would people say about me? It was a good opportunity to think. I've been impacted with the reality of this life being only passing and one day all will pass away. Life isn't permanent. Thank God for His work that assures us of the future after this life.
Post a Comment