OK, so I was trying to think what I should write for my first post. I sat here at the computer debating, but nothing seemed to be right. Everything that I thought of seemed to be old stuff, or non important, or too important. Then it came to me... I should write about my friends.... my awesome friends. So here it goes.
This year I have been greatly blessed to become friends with many new people. I don't mean acquaintances; I mean real, true friends. Friends that pray for you and asked to be prayed for, friends that listen and talk, friends that laugh and cry, and friends that are those type of people that you can have fun with even when you don't say anything.
Going to school helped bring me and many people I know out of our shells and in so doing created friendships that I now value. New sides of people started to show and I came to realize the treasures that I possessed in these friends. Some of these people were newly made friends... people who I had just met; while others were old acquaintances and even old friends that I bonded with and developed deeper friendships with.
The new girls and the old girls (meaning friends) have meant a lot to me. Their encouragement and love has made me smile and feel joyful time and time again. It is so precious to sit with other sisters in Christ and share your hearts with one another and then pray for each other. God has greatly blessed with these dear, sweet women. They were willing to love me by pointing out sin in my life and taking me back to the cross. Those who I didn't go to school with did not stop caring; the friendship did not end because we didn't see each other as much, rather it continued to grow.
The guys that I know have also been an amazing blessing. Growing up without brothers had made it extremely difficult to understand and talk to guys. That all changed this past year. I am blessed to have many brothers in Christ, and I now feel like they are my brothers. Getting to know them has been pretty cool, and I now think I might just know what it is like to have brothers. :D Their protection and encouragement has meant more than they will ever know and their listening ears and great senses of humor have brought laughter and comfort to me when trials came.
All I can say is that I feel blessed, the Lord has given me a gift in each of these people. These wonderful people have helped shape me into who I am and are some of the people that I look forward to spending eternity with in heaven.
"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." (Proverbs 27:17)
2 comments:
great post Hannah! that's so cool that you've made invaluable friends by stepping out of your comfort zone. Isn't it great how that works? The Lord's plans for our lives are bigger than our own.
Hi Hannah! I was so excited to find your blog! I guessed around till I finally got the right combination. I enjoyed reading about your friends. Since we've come to this church, we've been so blessed with sweet friends who will talk and share about spiritual things. That is so wonderful. I think you've done a pretty good job on your site so far!
Post a Comment